The Monkey Nuts are a Zimbabwean hip hop group consisting of three members: Joshua Chiundiza, Tinotenda Tagwirei and Impi Maph. They have been known for introducing a new sound on the scene in Harare since 2011, and are preparing to break out to the world as they got signed...
Tag Archive for: zimbabwe
“Home is that peace of mind, the rays of sunshine / will go to war with any anybody trying to take mine.” –StaHHr Ever-pushing boundaries within the hip hop mixtape tradition, Nomadic Wax has partnered with NYC-based storytelling project Housing is a Human Right, in the creation of an...
Today is an important day in the history of Zimbabwe – will Mugabe finally loose out to the opposition, and will a possible victory of Tsvangirai and his MDC be admitted by the reigning elite? Among fears over whether this year’s elections will be fair and free of violence...
On the occasion of Zimbabwe’s 33rd independence day, here’s the latest video by Chimurenga Renaissance aka Tendai ‘Baba’ Maraire who’s also known as a member of Shabazz Palaces. Tendai gives an alternative report on the land reform and the political and economic situation in Zimbabwe today. Also check out...
Zimbabwe emcee Outspoken just dropped a new music video for his group ‘Outspoken & The Essence.’ This track is an introduction to Outspoken & The Essence and the group’s own interpretation of hip-hop. It is a conversation starter to the double album release, which will come out on May...
This just in from Nomadic Wax: The hip hop scene in Zimbabwe is fierce, and also heavily slept on. Overshadowed by the scenes in its neighboring countries, it is only a matter of time before movements like Magamba Network’s Shoko Festival and the Book Cafe’s regular events are going...
Zimbabwean hip hop heads must have been pressing F5 to refresh emcee Synik’s website over the past days, as there was a countdown going on towards the launch of his ‘Syn City’ album. Well it’s out now, and available as a free download from the website, though it’s also...
From within the Zimbabwe Crisis, Comrade Fatso & Chabvondoka Launch New Single: Korokoza Zimbabwe has suffered under a decade of political violence, record-breaking inflation and an exodus of its population. At one time, Zimbabwe had one of the strongest and most diversified industrial infrastructures in sub-Saharan Africa. Confronted by widespread power...
Dumi RIGHT, first known for being half of the early nineties rap duo Zimbabwe Legit and more recently active with his group OUO, is about to drop his solo album ‘Connect the dots’ this spring. The first single ‘Are you ready for this’, produced by Young Cee, was launched...
I’m shooting the breeze with Fore (Mutaurwa Mapondera), a confident and artistically ambitious young Zimbabwean emcee, and as he talks about why he had to leave New York I’m reminded of the Congolese emcee Alec Lomami, who also had to leave the States after 14 years, and I imagine...
Create your artist profile (beta)
African Hip Hop Forums
- ‘Tanzanians are supporting homegrown brands more than ever before’
- 'Arab' spring in Angola? Police respond with arrests and violence
- #GlobalCiphers: Trinity Festival 2012
- 100% African: I-20's video reppin' the motherland connection
- 23rd Anniversary of Black Noise: B-boy Battle (SA)
- 3 Colums
- 404 Page
- A fresh video for an old favorite: Mingus – Stay (produced by Hipe)
- A moment with Alesh of the DRC
- A moment with PPS the Writah from Senegal
- A new video by Blitz the Ambassador: Something to Believe
- A new Zimbabwe Legit posse cut (listen!)
- Accordion & Toggle
- Activity Stream Shortcode
- Activity Streams
- Africa is hot #2 with Oko of Project19
- Africa Is Hot marathon update: eight hours of Red Light Radio shows
- Africa is Hot, a new monthly radio show exploring musical frontiers
- Africa Is Hotter this year
- Africa Represents at seventh International Hip Hop Festival
- Africa Samples mix by Weareblind
- Africa United: The 8th International Hip Hop Festival
- Africa's Next Top Femcee
- African artists should look beyond collecting royalties – the Hip-Hoppreneur #1
- African Hip Hop Jam @ Melkweg
- African hip hop on vinyl & IBMCs: African hip hop radio June 2012
- African hip hop radio – December 2011 with Vieira
- African hip hop radio – Leap Day edition
- African hip hop radio August 2012 – Eclectic Edition
- African hip hop radio presents: Excursions on the Mbira
- African Hip Hop Radio September 2010
- African hip hop radio with Chief Boima
- African hip hop radio with Madcon
- African Hip Hop Radio: Fully Loaded with Nneka & Sugu
- African hip hop radio: the World Cup edition
- African Hip Hop Radio’s Triple Treat & launching the web stream
- African Rebel Movement
- African twerking and the Sauti za Busara festival – African hip hop radio Jan 2014
- AfricanHipHop Mixtape – The Sequel (2009)
- Africanhiphop.com presents Baloji live
- Afrikaaps: hip hopera and documentary