Ghanaian emcee C-Real dropped his debut ‘Emceo’ at the end of last year (to be found in Ghana at Silverbird and East Legon Shell Station, and online via iTunes, Spotify and other outlets). One of the nice surprises on the album was ‘Opeimu’, a collabo with M.anifest over a beat...
Tag Archive for: video
The first single off Blitz' 'The Warm Up EP', set for release in August, 'Dikembe' came out in May and was well received around the world.
On the occasion of Zimbabwe’s 33rd independence day, here’s the latest video by Chimurenga Renaissance aka Tendai ‘Baba’ Maraire who’s also known as a member of Shabazz Palaces. Tendai gives an alternative report on the land reform and the political and economic situation in Zimbabwe today. Also check out...
Zimbabwe emcee Outspoken just dropped a new music video for his group ‘Outspoken & The Essence.’ This track is an introduction to Outspoken & The Essence and the group’s own interpretation of hip-hop. It is a conversation starter to the double album release, which will come out on May...
A new video for ‘R.A.P.’ by Cape Verdean – Portuguese emcee Chullage. The song is a single taken from his latest EP ‘Rapressão’ which was released last year as a free download from the website of hChullage’s label Optimus. Watch more videos in the video section
The mighty Ukoo Flani MauMau, Kenya’s hip hop crew spread across different regions and cities, are working on a new album which should come out later this year. On the occasion of Kenyan elections which are happening today, Ukoo Flani dropped this new video, ‘Demonocrasy’, represented on this track...
Gabriel Teodros is a hip hop artist and a member of the groups Abyssinian Creole and CopperWire. He is of Ethiopian, Scottish, Irish & Native American descent, and was raised on Beacon Hill, Seattle, Washington. Teodros’ music is determined by a social consciousness that tackles issues such as sexism,...
Another big tune from reggae artist Blakk Rasta (Ghana). The song has been around since July last year but the video was premiered today on tv in Ghana, and now on Youtube. With Jah Amber from Zionites crew who are based in the beach resort of Kokrobite.
Cova da Moura is a neighbourhood in Amadora, a city in the metropolitan area of Lissabon (Portugal). Known today for housing between 5000 and 10,000 people, mostly of African origin (75% from Cape Verde while others are from Angola, Moçambique and Guineé-Bissau), Cova da Moura has been home to...
Rick Ross is not the first American hip hop artist to enjoy touring the African continent; ever since the late eighties when LL Cool J performed in Abidjan there’s been the occasional motherland trip for a major artist, and in recent years a steady stream of emcees, from the...
Create your artist profile (beta)
African Hip Hop Forums
- ‘Tanzanians are supporting homegrown brands more than ever before’
- 'Arab' spring in Angola? Police respond with arrests and violence
- #GlobalCiphers: Trinity Festival 2012
- 100% African: I-20's video reppin' the motherland connection
- 23rd Anniversary of Black Noise: B-boy Battle (SA)
- 3 Colums
- 404 Page
- A fresh video for an old favorite: Mingus – Stay (produced by Hipe)
- A moment with Alesh of the DRC
- A moment with PPS the Writah from Senegal
- A new video by Blitz the Ambassador: Something to Believe
- A new Zimbabwe Legit posse cut (listen!)
- Accordion & Toggle
- Activity Stream Shortcode
- Activity Streams
- Africa is hot #2 with Oko of Project19
- Africa Is Hot marathon update: eight hours of Red Light Radio shows
- Africa is Hot, a new monthly radio show exploring musical frontiers
- Africa Is Hotter this year
- Africa Represents at seventh International Hip Hop Festival
- Africa Samples mix by Weareblind
- Africa United: The 8th International Hip Hop Festival
- Africa's Next Top Femcee
- African artists should look beyond collecting royalties – the Hip-Hoppreneur #1
- African Hip Hop Jam @ Melkweg
- African hip hop on vinyl & IBMCs: African hip hop radio June 2012
- African hip hop radio – December 2011 with Vieira
- African hip hop radio – Leap Day edition
- African hip hop radio August 2012 – Eclectic Edition
- African hip hop radio presents: Excursions on the Mbira
- African Hip Hop Radio September 2010
- African hip hop radio with Chief Boima
- African hip hop radio with Madcon
- African Hip Hop Radio: Fully Loaded with Nneka & Sugu
- African hip hop radio: the World Cup edition
- African Hip Hop Radio’s Triple Treat & launching the web stream
- African Rebel Movement
- African twerking and the Sauti za Busara festival – African hip hop radio Jan 2014
- AfricanHipHop Mixtape – The Sequel (2009)
- Africanhiphop.com presents Baloji live
- Afrikaaps: hip hopera and documentary