Three years ago I got the chance to speak to Rwandan-Canadian emcee Shad at Manifesto, the interview you can view here. Since his last album (TSOL), Shad has worked on a couple of releases such as ‘melancholy and the infinite shadness‘ and ‘the spring up’ to keep his fans entertained while he works...
Tag Archive for: uganda
From the underground of Ugandan hip hop comes this video by MC Cane Babu with Young Starz Basagalamanya Squad. This is his first video, shot by Dutch director Jurre de Beer in Ntinda, an area of Kampala where Cane Babu grew up. Cane Babu doesn’t have an online presence...
Luga Flow Army is a group of five members from Uganda who started working together in 2011. They rap in Luganda, Swahili and English. Each member is a lyricist in his own right – Burney mc (2011 music and entertainment young achievers award winner), Cyno MC (2010 End of...
We love East African collabos, and here’s one between betmaker Eric ‘Onasis’ Omondi and Ugandan emcees Sylvester, Lady Slyke and Skinnie. You may remember Sylvester from his work with Abramz (the UG hip hop anthem ‘Lemelako’). ‘Weyise Bulungi’ is a call to stay humble, whether or not you’re successful...
Even though we celebrate women everyday and firmly believe that African women run most of the African economies (lets feed the world more stereotypes), I would like to use my first blog post since a decade to praise some grand African female artists. We’ve already promised you that we’ll...
African hip hop pioneers Zimbabwe Legit surprised with a pan-African posse cut on their album ‘House of Stone’. Now they’re back with a new multi emcee cut. For now an exclusive spin here at Africanhiphop.com: ‘Over here’ ft Silas (Uganda), Ardamus (DC), Moussa (Senegal) and Doom E Right (Zim...
The latest video by Ugandan hip hop duo Sylvester & Abramz: ‘Kyendi kyendi ‘ (I am who I am) continues on the path of their hit single ‘Lemerako’.
Sixton productions went out and interviewed the African Rebel Movement: M'anifest and Krukid.
Regime Change (NYC/Haiti), Negus World Order (Haiti/France), Saba Saba (Uganda), Narcy (Iraq), and Dola from (Tanzania). Directed by 3rdi.
Create your artist profile (beta)
African Hip Hop Forums
- ‘Tanzanians are supporting homegrown brands more than ever before’
- 'Arab' spring in Angola? Police respond with arrests and violence
- #GlobalCiphers: Trinity Festival 2012
- 100% African: I-20's video reppin' the motherland connection
- 23rd Anniversary of Black Noise: B-boy Battle (SA)
- 3 Colums
- 404 Page
- A fresh video for an old favorite: Mingus – Stay (produced by Hipe)
- A moment with Alesh of the DRC
- A moment with PPS the Writah from Senegal
- A new video by Blitz the Ambassador: Something to Believe
- A new Zimbabwe Legit posse cut (listen!)
- Accordion & Toggle
- Activity Stream Shortcode
- Activity Streams
- Africa is hot #2 with Oko of Project19
- Africa Is Hot marathon update: eight hours of Red Light Radio shows
- Africa is Hot, a new monthly radio show exploring musical frontiers
- Africa Is Hotter this year
- Africa Represents at seventh International Hip Hop Festival
- Africa Samples mix by Weareblind
- Africa United: The 8th International Hip Hop Festival
- Africa's Next Top Femcee
- African artists should look beyond collecting royalties – the Hip-Hoppreneur #1
- African Hip Hop Jam @ Melkweg
- African hip hop on vinyl & IBMCs: African hip hop radio June 2012
- African hip hop radio – December 2011 with Vieira
- African hip hop radio – Leap Day edition
- African hip hop radio August 2012 – Eclectic Edition
- African hip hop radio presents: Excursions on the Mbira
- African Hip Hop Radio September 2010
- African hip hop radio with Chief Boima
- African hip hop radio with Madcon
- African Hip Hop Radio: Fully Loaded with Nneka & Sugu
- African hip hop radio: the World Cup edition
- African Hip Hop Radio’s Triple Treat & launching the web stream
- African Rebel Movement
- African twerking and the Sauti za Busara festival – African hip hop radio Jan 2014
- AfricanHipHop Mixtape – The Sequel (2009)
- Africanhiphop.com presents Baloji live
- Afrikaaps: hip hopera and documentary