Every year, the Trinity College International Hip-Hop Festival brings artists from all over the world to represent hip hop and social activism together in Hartford, Connecticut at the Trinity College Campus. In 2012, the festival started shooting original cipher videos with the artists coming through for the festival. In 2012, two...
Tag Archive for: swahili
Luga Flow Army is a group of five members from Uganda who started working together in 2011. They rap in Luganda, Swahili and English. Each member is a lyricist in his own right – Burney mc (2011 music and entertainment young achievers award winner), Cyno MC (2010 End of...
Text: The Black Noise Tendency Pics: Seth Markle From March 29th-31st 2012, artists, activists, educators, students and academics converged on the campus of Trinity College in Hartford, Connecticut (USA) for the International Hip Hop Festival. Tucked neatly between New York City and Boston in northeastern America, the city of...
‘Tumechoka’ is is a hip hop collaboration done by various artists: Kidis (Tanzania), Silver (Mombasa), Ekori (Turkana), Skobo (Mombasa), Gasfyatu (Nairobi), Edu Mambo (Nairobi), Kevlexicon (New York) and Kaktus (Nairobi). They are some of the artists who represent OKOA Hip Hop (‘Save hip hop’ in Swahili), an initiative trying...
America's BET Hip Hop Awards pays tribute to Tanzanian hip hop: Gsan, member of the group X Plastaz from Arusha, Tanzania participated in this year's cypher among legends such as KRS One, Wale, Mos Def, Eminem and dj Premier. Watch the video.
Live with Shenzy is an urban radio show based on hip hop culture, hosted by MC Shenzy, a Nairobi, Kenya based hip hop activist. In this latest episode, MC Shenzy meets with the duo of 125.
‘Mzungu kichaa’ (crazy white guy) has been an expression circling in the Tanzanian hip hop scene ever since a Danish rapper called Joker did a collabo with popular artist Mr II (Sugu aka 2Proud) back in 1998. Ever since, every white man involved in Tanzanian hip hop would be...
- ‘Tanzanians are supporting homegrown brands more than ever before’
- 'Arab' spring in Angola? Police respond with arrests and violence
- #GlobalCiphers: Trinity Festival 2012
- 100% African: I-20's video reppin' the motherland connection
- 23rd Anniversary of Black Noise: B-boy Battle (SA)
- 3 Colums
- 404 Page
- A fresh video for an old favorite: Mingus – Stay (produced by Hipe)
- A moment with Alesh of the DRC
- A moment with PPS the Writah from Senegal
- A new video by Blitz the Ambassador: Something to Believe
- A new Zimbabwe Legit posse cut (listen!)
- Accordion & Toggle
- Activity Stream Shortcode
- Activity Streams
- Africa is hot #2 with Oko of Project19
- Africa Is Hot marathon update: eight hours of Red Light Radio shows
- Africa is Hot, a new monthly radio show exploring musical frontiers
- Africa Is Hotter this year
- Africa Represents at seventh International Hip Hop Festival
- Africa Samples mix by Weareblind
- Africa United: The 8th International Hip Hop Festival
- Africa's Next Top Femcee
- African artists should look beyond collecting royalties – the Hip-Hoppreneur #1
- African Hip Hop Jam @ Melkweg
- African hip hop on vinyl & IBMCs: African hip hop radio June 2012
- African hip hop radio – December 2011 with Vieira
- African hip hop radio – Leap Day edition
- African hip hop radio August 2012 – Eclectic Edition
- African hip hop radio presents: Excursions on the Mbira
- African Hip Hop Radio September 2010
- African hip hop radio with Chief Boima
- African hip hop radio with Madcon
- African Hip Hop Radio: Fully Loaded with Nneka & Sugu
- African hip hop radio: the World Cup edition
- African Hip Hop Radio’s Triple Treat & launching the web stream
- African Rebel Movement
- African twerking and the Sauti za Busara festival – African hip hop radio Jan 2014
- AfricanHipHop Mixtape – The Sequel (2009)
- Africanhiphop.com presents Baloji live