A new single and video from Duggy Tee, one of the grands seigneurs of Senegalese hip hop. Released just two weeks prior to the much discussed general elections, Duggy claims that ‘peace is the best candidate – without it, the politicians will just get away while the people pay...
Tag Archive for: senegal
First up in the Africanhiphop.com 15 Years Online series: the short documentary '100% Galsen', directed by Cheikh Sene, better known as the Senegalese rapper Keyti. The film was produced as part of the project 'Redefinition: African hip hop'.
Sefyu, the Senegalese-French emcee (and a succesful soccer player in a previous life), released his new album ‘Oui je le suis’ in October 2011. After a first single, the uptempo ‘Turbo’ (with a video shot in the Mojave desert in California, USA), Sefyu is back with the new video...
Protests in Dakar, January 31 (AP Photo) In the first African hip hop radio show of 2012, and less than a week before Africanhiphop.com’s 15th anniversary online, dj Threesixty and presenters Amal & J4 go back to the essence of hip hop culture: the role it has played and...
In this new video by Xuman (Senegal) & Cee Pee (Mauritania), politicians and the current president Abdoulaye Wade in particular are called out about the issues that are plaguing the nation: ‘The country is dirty, somber and unsafe. The population is poor, complaining and restless while all you do...
Senegalese singer Meta Dia grew up in Dakar listening to Gregory Isaacs, Bob Marley, James Brown and Senegalese traditional music on the radio. At a very young age he discovered his desire to be a musician, and over the next several years he nurtured his love and true appreciation...
Keur Gui of Kaolack is back with a gem of a video. Directed by Senegalese new school crew Gelongal, the video 'Coup 2 Gueule' ('Let’s Act on our Words') features Kilifeu and Thiat in the congested urban setting of Dakar. Flagship group of the movement of decentralization / de-Dakarisation...
A new video by one of West Africa’s most hardcore emcees, Matador (Wa BMG 44). Beat by Dj Threesixty from African hip hop radio.
PBS, 20 ans déjà ? C’est fou ce que le temps passe vite. Jamais en effet un concert de hip hop au Sénégal n’a réuni tant de gens, appartenant de surcroit à des générations différentes.
African hip hop pioneers Zimbabwe Legit surprised with a pan-African posse cut on their album ‘House of Stone’. Now they’re back with a new multi emcee cut. For now an exclusive spin here at Africanhiphop.com: ‘Over here’ ft Silas (Uganda), Ardamus (DC), Moussa (Senegal) and Doom E Right (Zim...
Create your artist profile (beta)
African Hip Hop Forums
- ‘Tanzanians are supporting homegrown brands more than ever before’
- 'Arab' spring in Angola? Police respond with arrests and violence
- #GlobalCiphers: Trinity Festival 2012
- 100% African: I-20's video reppin' the motherland connection
- 23rd Anniversary of Black Noise: B-boy Battle (SA)
- 3 Colums
- 404 Page
- A fresh video for an old favorite: Mingus – Stay (produced by Hipe)
- A moment with Alesh of the DRC
- A moment with PPS the Writah from Senegal
- A new video by Blitz the Ambassador: Something to Believe
- A new Zimbabwe Legit posse cut (listen!)
- Accordion & Toggle
- Activity Stream Shortcode
- Activity Streams
- Africa is hot #2 with Oko of Project19
- Africa Is Hot marathon update: eight hours of Red Light Radio shows
- Africa is Hot, a new monthly radio show exploring musical frontiers
- Africa Is Hotter this year
- Africa Represents at seventh International Hip Hop Festival
- Africa Samples mix by Weareblind
- Africa United: The 8th International Hip Hop Festival
- Africa's Next Top Femcee
- African artists should look beyond collecting royalties – the Hip-Hoppreneur #1
- African Hip Hop Jam @ Melkweg
- African hip hop on vinyl & IBMCs: African hip hop radio June 2012
- African hip hop radio – December 2011 with Vieira
- African hip hop radio – Leap Day edition
- African hip hop radio August 2012 – Eclectic Edition
- African hip hop radio presents: Excursions on the Mbira
- African Hip Hop Radio September 2010
- African hip hop radio with Chief Boima
- African hip hop radio with Madcon
- African Hip Hop Radio: Fully Loaded with Nneka & Sugu
- African hip hop radio: the World Cup edition
- African Hip Hop Radio’s Triple Treat & launching the web stream
- African Rebel Movement
- African twerking and the Sauti za Busara festival – African hip hop radio Jan 2014
- AfricanHipHop Mixtape – The Sequel (2009)
- Africanhiphop.com presents Baloji live
- Afrikaaps: hip hopera and documentary