The May edition of African hip hop radio is a rendez-vous with Revoltod from the Lod Escur crew, our long time contributor who started doing Cabo shows for us while he was living in Cape Verde. Now based in Rotterdam, he’s still very active in the hip hop scenes...
Tag Archive for: radio
The February edition of African hip hop radio was recorded on Leap Day (February 29), a date that occurs only once in every four years. To stay true to this Limited Edition theme, Amal, J4 and dj Threesixty have brought out some rarely heard tunes, both new and old....
On the Dutch edition of African hip hop radio we have had an impressive number of artists phoning in and visiting the studio. The latter often impressed us with a little live session. These can be heard back by listening to our archived shows but to honour their talent,...
After a hiatus of over one year (not counting the occasional mixtape and guest shows from Nairobi), African Hip Hop Radio is back on air. Or rather the web, because the new shows are streamed live through Red Light Radio which is web-only. The monthly two-hour show presented by...
One from the vaults: in July 2007, African hip hop radio did a special show from Nairobi, Kenya where host Buddha Blaze invited some of Kenya’s finest hip hop artists into the studio for a jam and a talk. Back in Holland, Guderian & Didas (Congo/Netherlands) together with J4...
As we are recharging for fresh shows from the African hip hop radio deejays, here's the kick off from Kenya! Ndugus Uswakamili and Jared Ombui from VOTU (Voice of the Underground) did this run-down of the latest tracks from Kenya, Tanzania, Nigeria, South Africa and Uganda.
It's that time of the year - African hip hop radio is back in the building after a few weeks spent behind the scenes, focusing on foundation work, the annual Doin' it in the Park festival and preparing our upcoming travels to Congo, Rwanda, Tanzania, Kenya and Senegal. In...
If 2010 is the year of Africa, June is most definitely the month where all the international expectation, exploration and exploitation of the Motherland are peaking. The African hip hop deejays went back to the studio to prepare a true pan-African June show. K'naan joined us for a chat...
After a hiatus of more than a year, the pan-African edition of African Hip Hop Radio is back! The updates are now coming to you on a monthly basis with presenters and deejays from all around the motherland and diaspora.
Here’s a little round-up of African hip hop radio shows of the past months: autumn 2009. The weekly show on FunX (Holland’s most popular youth radio station) often has guests, and these are some of the English language interviews that you can enjoy online. Tip: subscribe to the podcast...
Create your artist profile (beta)
African Hip Hop Forums
- ‘Tanzanians are supporting homegrown brands more than ever before’
- 'Arab' spring in Angola? Police respond with arrests and violence
- #GlobalCiphers: Trinity Festival 2012
- 100% African: I-20's video reppin' the motherland connection
- 23rd Anniversary of Black Noise: B-boy Battle (SA)
- 3 Colums
- 404 Page
- A fresh video for an old favorite: Mingus – Stay (produced by Hipe)
- A moment with Alesh of the DRC
- A moment with PPS the Writah from Senegal
- A new video by Blitz the Ambassador: Something to Believe
- A new Zimbabwe Legit posse cut (listen!)
- Accordion & Toggle
- Activity Stream Shortcode
- Activity Streams
- Africa is hot #2 with Oko of Project19
- Africa Is Hot marathon update: eight hours of Red Light Radio shows
- Africa is Hot, a new monthly radio show exploring musical frontiers
- Africa Is Hotter this year
- Africa Represents at seventh International Hip Hop Festival
- Africa Samples mix by Weareblind
- Africa United: The 8th International Hip Hop Festival
- Africa's Next Top Femcee
- African artists should look beyond collecting royalties – the Hip-Hoppreneur #1
- African Hip Hop Jam @ Melkweg
- African hip hop on vinyl & IBMCs: African hip hop radio June 2012
- African hip hop radio – December 2011 with Vieira
- African hip hop radio – Leap Day edition
- African hip hop radio August 2012 – Eclectic Edition
- African hip hop radio presents: Excursions on the Mbira
- African Hip Hop Radio September 2010
- African hip hop radio with Chief Boima
- African hip hop radio with Madcon
- African Hip Hop Radio: Fully Loaded with Nneka & Sugu
- African hip hop radio: the World Cup edition
- African Hip Hop Radio’s Triple Treat & launching the web stream
- African Rebel Movement
- African twerking and the Sauti za Busara festival – African hip hop radio Jan 2014
- AfricanHipHop Mixtape – The Sequel (2009)
- Africanhiphop.com presents Baloji live
- Afrikaaps: hip hopera and documentary