As we go through a backlog of long overdue posts - due to the design overhaul on this site - we present six hours of African hip hop radio. The show in April featured only music played from minidisc, the medium we used to capture our first African hip...
Tag Archive for: radio
The January edition of African hip hop radio kicks off with a couple of real hip hop bangers, female artist L-Ness from Kenya sets the tone with two tracks from her Gal Power album. Later into the show, Amal and J4 move across the continent and diaspora with some...
It’s the last African Hip Hop Radio show of the year already, and indeed 2013 went by without us paying attention to the fact that the show has been in existence for 15 years already...
In the August edition of African hip hop radio, your hosts Amal and J4 do what they do best - find the best grooves of today and days gone by, play them out nicely and discuss what's on.
The bassline junkies are back in the studio. Amal returned from a sabbatical stay in Berlin (Germany) and J4 spent a few weeks in Kenya and Tanzania. After the hiatus, their playlist is full of fresh tunes from across the continent, including posse cuts from Kenya (Xtatic) and Nigeria...
Matador, one of Senegal's hip hop pioneers and a member of Wa BMG44, has been working on his second solo album for quite some time, even traveling to Europe two years ago to record some tracks with African hip hop radio's own Dj Threesixty (Bamba Nazar).
After last month’s afro cosmic disco funk special with Dj Gioumanne, African hip hop radio is back with the October edition filled with new joints, exclusives and another guest mix. We were joined by Chief Boima, the multi-talented dj/producer/author/researcher from USA with Sierra Leone roots who is currently touring...
To celebrate the return of summer in Amsterdam, the African hip hop radio team indulges in an eclectic set of fresh tunes from all over the globe in the August show, recorded at the Red Light Radio studio. Besides a couple of new hip hop singles (Jaak, Shima and...
In the June edition of African hip hop radio, Amal and J4 bring out the records! The first hour of the show is dedicated to African hip hop on vinyl. The bulk of rap albums from the motherland have been released on cassette, or more recently cd and other...
In May 2012 the OpenForum took place in Cape Town, South Africa. The gathering brought together activists, artists, academics, policy-makers and business people to discuss the factors that will influence the African continent over the next decade. Leading up to the OpenForum, our partner website This Is Africa organized...
- ‘Tanzanians are supporting homegrown brands more than ever before’
- 'Arab' spring in Angola? Police respond with arrests and violence
- #GlobalCiphers: Trinity Festival 2012
- 100% African: I-20's video reppin' the motherland connection
- 23rd Anniversary of Black Noise: B-boy Battle (SA)
- 3 Colums
- 404 Page
- A fresh video for an old favorite: Mingus – Stay (produced by Hipe)
- A moment with Alesh of the DRC
- A moment with PPS the Writah from Senegal
- A new video by Blitz the Ambassador: Something to Believe
- A new Zimbabwe Legit posse cut (listen!)
- Accordion & Toggle
- Activity Stream Shortcode
- Activity Streams
- Africa is hot #2 with Oko of Project19
- Africa Is Hot marathon update: eight hours of Red Light Radio shows
- Africa is Hot, a new monthly radio show exploring musical frontiers
- Africa Is Hotter this year
- Africa Represents at seventh International Hip Hop Festival
- Africa Samples mix by Weareblind
- Africa United: The 8th International Hip Hop Festival
- Africa's Next Top Femcee
- African artists should look beyond collecting royalties – the Hip-Hoppreneur #1
- African Hip Hop Jam @ Melkweg
- African hip hop on vinyl & IBMCs: African hip hop radio June 2012
- African hip hop radio – December 2011 with Vieira
- African hip hop radio – Leap Day edition
- African hip hop radio August 2012 – Eclectic Edition
- African hip hop radio presents: Excursions on the Mbira
- African Hip Hop Radio September 2010
- African hip hop radio with Chief Boima
- African hip hop radio with Madcon
- African Hip Hop Radio: Fully Loaded with Nneka & Sugu
- African hip hop radio: the World Cup edition
- African Hip Hop Radio’s Triple Treat & launching the web stream
- African Rebel Movement
- African twerking and the Sauti za Busara festival – African hip hop radio Jan 2014
- AfricanHipHop Mixtape – The Sequel (2009)
- Africanhiphop.com presents Baloji live