At the Trinity International Hip-Hop Festival, we are lucky enough to gather top MCs from around the world. At the 8th annual, 2013 edition of the festival, we captured groups of these MCs in our ciphers. This cipher features artists from Cuba, Haiti, Senegal and USA. Host: Self Suffice...
Tag Archive for: politics
On the occasion of Zimbabwe’s 33rd independence day, here’s the latest video by Chimurenga Renaissance aka Tendai ‘Baba’ Maraire who’s also known as a member of Shabazz Palaces. Tendai gives an alternative report on the land reform and the political and economic situation in Zimbabwe today. Also check out...
Zimbabwe emcee Outspoken just dropped a new music video for his group ‘Outspoken & The Essence.’ This track is an introduction to Outspoken & The Essence and the group’s own interpretation of hip-hop. It is a conversation starter to the double album release, which will come out on May...
The mighty Ukoo Flani MauMau, Kenya’s hip hop crew spread across different regions and cities, are working on a new album which should come out later this year. On the occasion of Kenyan elections which are happening today, Ukoo Flani dropped this new video, ‘Demonocrasy’, represented on this track...
This just in from Nomadic Wax: The hip hop scene in Zimbabwe is fierce, and also heavily slept on. Overshadowed by the scenes in its neighboring countries, it is only a matter of time before movements like Magamba Network’s Shoko Festival and the Book Cafe’s regular events are going...
In May 2012 the OpenForum took place in Cape Town, South Africa. The gathering brought together activists, artists, academics, policy-makers and business people to discuss the factors that will influence the African continent over the next decade. Leading up to the OpenForum, our partner website This Is Africa organized...
For a while we were wondering which Sub-Saharan countries would follow after the Arab Spring civil uprisings changed the political map of northern Africa, but exactly one year after the Egyptian revolution started and three months after Gaddafi got killed, there were few signs that any of the revolutionary...
Protests in Dakar, January 31 (AP Photo) In the first African hip hop radio show of 2012, and less than a week before Africanhiphop.com’s 15th anniversary online, dj Threesixty and presenters Amal & J4 go back to the essence of hip hop culture: the role it has played and...
In this new video by Xuman (Senegal) & Cee Pee (Mauritania), politicians and the current president Abdoulaye Wade in particular are called out about the issues that are plaguing the nation: ‘The country is dirty, somber and unsafe. The population is poor, complaining and restless while all you do...
Blakk Rasta, the radio personality and reggae artist from Ghana, got continent wide fame with his tribute to Obama, released during the USA presidential election campaign in 2008. In 2009 he visited the African Hip Hop Radio studio for an interview and freestyle session. And while Obama is getting...
Create your artist profile (beta)
African Hip Hop Forums
- ‘Tanzanians are supporting homegrown brands more than ever before’
- 'Arab' spring in Angola? Police respond with arrests and violence
- #GlobalCiphers: Trinity Festival 2012
- 100% African: I-20's video reppin' the motherland connection
- 23rd Anniversary of Black Noise: B-boy Battle (SA)
- 3 Colums
- 404 Page
- A fresh video for an old favorite: Mingus – Stay (produced by Hipe)
- A moment with Alesh of the DRC
- A moment with PPS the Writah from Senegal
- A new video by Blitz the Ambassador: Something to Believe
- A new Zimbabwe Legit posse cut (listen!)
- Accordion & Toggle
- Activity Stream Shortcode
- Activity Streams
- Africa is hot #2 with Oko of Project19
- Africa Is Hot marathon update: eight hours of Red Light Radio shows
- Africa is Hot, a new monthly radio show exploring musical frontiers
- Africa Is Hotter this year
- Africa Represents at seventh International Hip Hop Festival
- Africa Samples mix by Weareblind
- Africa United: The 8th International Hip Hop Festival
- Africa's Next Top Femcee
- African artists should look beyond collecting royalties – the Hip-Hoppreneur #1
- African Hip Hop Jam @ Melkweg
- African hip hop on vinyl & IBMCs: African hip hop radio June 2012
- African hip hop radio – December 2011 with Vieira
- African hip hop radio – Leap Day edition
- African hip hop radio August 2012 – Eclectic Edition
- African hip hop radio presents: Excursions on the Mbira
- African Hip Hop Radio September 2010
- African hip hop radio with Chief Boima
- African hip hop radio with Madcon
- African Hip Hop Radio: Fully Loaded with Nneka & Sugu
- African hip hop radio: the World Cup edition
- African Hip Hop Radio’s Triple Treat & launching the web stream
- African Rebel Movement
- African twerking and the Sauti za Busara festival – African hip hop radio Jan 2014
- AfricanHipHop Mixtape – The Sequel (2009)
- Africanhiphop.com presents Baloji live
- Afrikaaps: hip hopera and documentary