This week saw the release of a music video for our favourite song from one of our favourite albums to come out in France last year, ‘Jeune a la retraite’ by Saian Supa Crew member Fefe. Indeed if you are a regular listener to our African Hip Hop Radio...
Tag Archive for: nigeria
While awaiting the 2010 album by Modenine, the lyrical genius surprised us with a track off the album featuring Tuface Idibia. Says Modenine: “We dey vex ft Tuface has no real subject matter, it’s just me sounding off with some untouchable lyrics punchlines and wordplay. Tuface adds spice to...
It’s no secret that the African hip hop forums in the past ten-plus years has been an international breeding ground of talent. Think of two volumes of African hip hop mixtapes, initiated and produced by the community. One of the artists on these volumes was Fecko aka Raplogic from...
One of the biggest voices from Nigeria is a California born, Nigeria raised singer-songwriter named Ibiyemi. Her artistic achievements include singing at the 2007 presidential inauguration ceremony and entertaining guests at various foreign missions in Nigeria. Ibiyemi’s inspiration is drawn from the likes of Mary J Blige, Lauryn Hill,...
Nigerian rapper AQ, born as Gilbert Ubani, got initiated into the world of hip-hop in secondary school after hearing classic songs from Biggie, Jay-z, and Rakim. He started rapping professionally in 1998. After six years of record label politics and industry antics, he finally decided to grab the bull...
Remember JJC, the UK dwelling Nigerian producer of Big Brovaz fame? A couple of years back he released a solo effort ‘Atide’, then became presenter of BBC 1Xtra’s African show (currently hosted by dj Edu). He is back with a new single and video, preceding a new album. This...
Nigerian artist based in the Netherlands Geoffy G is working on his first mini album release ‘Maintain yourself’ which should be out in Nigeria later this year. The video for the first single ‘Over’ was shot in the Netherlands, even the village scenes which were filmed in an open...
The music industry in Nigeria is undoubtedly experiencing a revolution, growing in leaps and bounds. A few years ago deejays only played foreign songs. That definitely has changed: playing a song that is not Proudly Nigerian could be a very dulling move. Then there is concern about the number...
Coming to us through the 24/7 buzz of Twitter, here’s a new (and as yet unmixed) demo track by Wale in which he pays homage to the time where his parents dragged him along to African parties. Bunny Mack’s ‘Let me love you’ is indeed an African evergreen which...
In this special edition of the African hip hop radio show we take it back to 1980's Nigeria, an era during which quite some local rap was recorded, often outside of the context of hip hop culture. Together with Uchenna Ikonne, who runs the popular old school Naija music...
Create your artist profile (beta)
African Hip Hop Forums
- ‘Tanzanians are supporting homegrown brands more than ever before’
- 'Arab' spring in Angola? Police respond with arrests and violence
- #GlobalCiphers: Trinity Festival 2012
- 100% African: I-20's video reppin' the motherland connection
- 23rd Anniversary of Black Noise: B-boy Battle (SA)
- 3 Colums
- 404 Page
- A fresh video for an old favorite: Mingus – Stay (produced by Hipe)
- A moment with Alesh of the DRC
- A moment with PPS the Writah from Senegal
- A new video by Blitz the Ambassador: Something to Believe
- A new Zimbabwe Legit posse cut (listen!)
- Accordion & Toggle
- Activity Stream Shortcode
- Activity Streams
- Africa is hot #2 with Oko of Project19
- Africa Is Hot marathon update: eight hours of Red Light Radio shows
- Africa is Hot, a new monthly radio show exploring musical frontiers
- Africa Is Hotter this year
- Africa Represents at seventh International Hip Hop Festival
- Africa Samples mix by Weareblind
- Africa United: The 8th International Hip Hop Festival
- Africa's Next Top Femcee
- African artists should look beyond collecting royalties – the Hip-Hoppreneur #1
- African Hip Hop Jam @ Melkweg
- African hip hop on vinyl & IBMCs: African hip hop radio June 2012
- African hip hop radio – December 2011 with Vieira
- African hip hop radio – Leap Day edition
- African hip hop radio August 2012 – Eclectic Edition
- African hip hop radio presents: Excursions on the Mbira
- African Hip Hop Radio September 2010
- African hip hop radio with Chief Boima
- African hip hop radio with Madcon
- African Hip Hop Radio: Fully Loaded with Nneka & Sugu
- African hip hop radio: the World Cup edition
- African Hip Hop Radio’s Triple Treat & launching the web stream
- African Rebel Movement
- African twerking and the Sauti za Busara festival – African hip hop radio Jan 2014
- AfricanHipHop Mixtape – The Sequel (2009)
- Africanhiphop.com presents Baloji live
- Afrikaaps: hip hopera and documentary