August 2015 and the Africa Is Hot team is back together in the studio. Amal held down the fort since January while J4 was in Kenya. He came back with three bags full of vinyl, and in the second hour some of the highlights of the catch can be...
Tag Archive for: kenya
Yassin Bey's Kenyan show had been a year in the making, but when he finally came down (or up), he performed to an audience of 1000, joined in a talk with other creatives at Pawa254 and got some time off on the Tanzanian island of Zanzibar.
On 18 February, Nairobi Rapsody in partnership with Africanhiphop.com presents the world premier of Blitz the Ambassador's new album Diasporadical in Nairobi, Kenya.
Some of our favorite emcees together come on one track in the brand new video ‘Tulia Tu'; not only Rabbit aka Kaka Sungura (Kenya) but also HHP (South Africa) kicking the vernacular verses and Wangechi, one of Kenya’s most interesting discoveries of late, whose first appearance was on a...
Three years ago I got the chance to speak to Rwandan-Canadian emcee Shad at Manifesto, the interview you can view here. Since his last album (TSOL), Shad has worked on a couple of releases such as ‘melancholy and the infinite shadness‘ and ‘the spring up’ to keep his fans entertained while he works...
You probably know that Africanhiphop.com wholeheartedly supports pan-African collaborations. Luckily the multi national mixtapes that were born inside our forums are no longer the only works that combine emcees across the map. A recent release that illustrates it best is ‘Real African Poetry 2.0‘ by Africanhiphop.com forum veterans Fecko...
The mighty Ukoo Flani MauMau, Kenya’s hip hop crew spread across different regions and cities, are working on a new album which should come out later this year. On the occasion of Kenyan elections which are happening today, Ukoo Flani dropped this new video, ‘Demonocrasy’, represented on this track...
Kenyan emcee Xtatic came out with a track that’s already got a lot of people looking out for her full album. The video ‘The prep track’ shows that as a female artist you don’t necessarily have to choose between a ‘Da Brat’ image and looking sexy, Xtatic does both...
A new video from Kenya by Camp Mulla for their ‘Hold it down’ single, a tribute to their city. If you set foot in Nairobi’s city center (CBD) you’ll agree that closing down an entire street is already an achievement, though at night town is more quiet.
‘Tumechoka’ is is a hip hop collaboration done by various artists: Kidis (Tanzania), Silver (Mombasa), Ekori (Turkana), Skobo (Mombasa), Gasfyatu (Nairobi), Edu Mambo (Nairobi), Kevlexicon (New York) and Kaktus (Nairobi). They are some of the artists who represent OKOA Hip Hop (‘Save hip hop’ in Swahili), an initiative trying...
Create your artist profile (beta)
African Hip Hop Forums
- ‘Tanzanians are supporting homegrown brands more than ever before’
- 'Arab' spring in Angola? Police respond with arrests and violence
- #GlobalCiphers: Trinity Festival 2012
- 100% African: I-20's video reppin' the motherland connection
- 23rd Anniversary of Black Noise: B-boy Battle (SA)
- 3 Colums
- 404 Page
- A fresh video for an old favorite: Mingus – Stay (produced by Hipe)
- A moment with Alesh of the DRC
- A moment with PPS the Writah from Senegal
- A new video by Blitz the Ambassador: Something to Believe
- A new Zimbabwe Legit posse cut (listen!)
- Accordion & Toggle
- Activity Stream Shortcode
- Activity Streams
- Africa is hot #2 with Oko of Project19
- Africa Is Hot marathon update: eight hours of Red Light Radio shows
- Africa is Hot, a new monthly radio show exploring musical frontiers
- Africa Is Hotter this year
- Africa Represents at seventh International Hip Hop Festival
- Africa Samples mix by Weareblind
- Africa United: The 8th International Hip Hop Festival
- Africa's Next Top Femcee
- African artists should look beyond collecting royalties – the Hip-Hoppreneur #1
- African Hip Hop Jam @ Melkweg
- African hip hop on vinyl & IBMCs: African hip hop radio June 2012
- African hip hop radio – December 2011 with Vieira
- African hip hop radio – Leap Day edition
- African hip hop radio August 2012 – Eclectic Edition
- African hip hop radio presents: Excursions on the Mbira
- African Hip Hop Radio September 2010
- African hip hop radio with Chief Boima
- African hip hop radio with Madcon
- African Hip Hop Radio: Fully Loaded with Nneka & Sugu
- African hip hop radio: the World Cup edition
- African Hip Hop Radio’s Triple Treat & launching the web stream
- African Rebel Movement
- African twerking and the Sauti za Busara festival – African hip hop radio Jan 2014
- AfricanHipHop Mixtape – The Sequel (2009)
- Africanhiphop.com presents Baloji live
- Afrikaaps: hip hopera and documentary