Revolutionary Senegalese hip hop group Keur Gui (founding members of the now famous grassroots organization Y’En A Marre) performed in the US at the 2013 Trinity College International Hip Hop Festival, the only event of its kind in the US that is held every year. The festival just released...
Tag Archive for: hip hop
“Home is that peace of mind, the rays of sunshine / will go to war with any anybody trying to take mine.” –StaHHr Ever-pushing boundaries within the hip hop mixtape tradition, Nomadic Wax has partnered with NYC-based storytelling project Housing is a Human Right, in the creation of an...
Pic: the fast changing city scape of Dar es Salaam, where the city is turning into a forest of high rise buildings (photo by J4) African hip hop radio – broadcasting via the web since 1999 – is back with a double update, combining our shows recorded at Amsterdam’s...
Nomadic Wax just dropped this cipher video from out their video archive crates. From a concert in Boston back in 2010, this cipher is pretty stacked. Nomadic Wax’s Dj Boo holding it down on the 1’s & 2’s, with appearances from Cape Verde’s Shokanti, Senegal’s Wageble, France/Canada’s Lou Piensa...
Nomadic Wax put together this little mix for OkayAfrica’s ‘Africa In Your Earbuds‘ series. Mixed by Nomadic Wax’s Creative Director Magee, this is what he wrote about the project: On New Years Day 2012, Nomadic Wax celebrated its 10th anniversary, a number increasingly...
Here is a fun one for you all: a little improptu cipher featuring heads from Benin, Djibouti, Senegal, Burkina Faso, Equatorial Guinea, Rwanda, Burundi, Zambia, and Swaziland, and, since it took place in Washington DC, we of course had to bring in DC heavyweight Flex Mathews. Artists featured: Flex...
This just in from Nomadic Wax: The hip hop scene in Zimbabwe is fierce, and also heavily slept on. Overshadowed by the scenes in its neighboring countries, it is only a matter of time before movements like Magamba Network’s Shoko Festival and the Book Cafe’s regular events are going...
Shad, real name Shadrach Kabango, was born in Kenya to Rwandan parents and is a bright, up-and-coming emcee from the city of London, Ontario (Canada). Early last summer our reporter Ado went to Manifesto which was like a warm-up event before the Brooklyn hip hop festival. Manifesto is a...
Create your artist profile (beta)
African Hip Hop Forums
- ‘Tanzanians are supporting homegrown brands more than ever before’
- 'Arab' spring in Angola? Police respond with arrests and violence
- #GlobalCiphers: Trinity Festival 2012
- 100% African: I-20's video reppin' the motherland connection
- 23rd Anniversary of Black Noise: B-boy Battle (SA)
- 3 Colums
- 404 Page
- A fresh video for an old favorite: Mingus – Stay (produced by Hipe)
- A moment with Alesh of the DRC
- A moment with PPS the Writah from Senegal
- A new video by Blitz the Ambassador: Something to Believe
- A new Zimbabwe Legit posse cut (listen!)
- Accordion & Toggle
- Activity Stream Shortcode
- Activity Streams
- Africa is hot #2 with Oko of Project19
- Africa Is Hot marathon update: eight hours of Red Light Radio shows
- Africa is Hot, a new monthly radio show exploring musical frontiers
- Africa Is Hotter this year
- Africa Represents at seventh International Hip Hop Festival
- Africa Samples mix by Weareblind
- Africa United: The 8th International Hip Hop Festival
- Africa's Next Top Femcee
- African artists should look beyond collecting royalties – the Hip-Hoppreneur #1
- African Hip Hop Jam @ Melkweg
- African hip hop on vinyl & IBMCs: African hip hop radio June 2012
- African hip hop radio – December 2011 with Vieira
- African hip hop radio – Leap Day edition
- African hip hop radio August 2012 – Eclectic Edition
- African hip hop radio presents: Excursions on the Mbira
- African Hip Hop Radio September 2010
- African hip hop radio with Chief Boima
- African hip hop radio with Madcon
- African Hip Hop Radio: Fully Loaded with Nneka & Sugu
- African hip hop radio: the World Cup edition
- African Hip Hop Radio’s Triple Treat & launching the web stream
- African Rebel Movement
- African twerking and the Sauti za Busara festival – African hip hop radio Jan 2014
- AfricanHipHop Mixtape – The Sequel (2009)
- Africanhiphop.com presents Baloji live
- Afrikaaps: hip hopera and documentary