Blakk Rasta, the radio personality and reggae artist from Ghana, got continent wide fame with his tribute to Obama, released during the USA presidential election campaign in 2008. In 2009 he visited the African Hip Hop Radio studio for an interview and freestyle session. And while Obama is getting...
Tag Archive for: Ghana
Ghanaian emcee Kwaw Kesse (in the eastern part of Africa people may know him for the collabo he did with Tanzanian emcee Professor Jay) is working towards the release of ‘Untold Stories 2.0 Reloaded’ together with American/Ghanaian producer Coptic. The first video, a single with r&b singer Rell will...
If you’re properly connected via social media it’s unlikely that you haven’t heard something about Blitz the Ambassador’s upcoming album ‘Native sun’. After seeing this son of Ghana’s live show at our own Doin’ it in the Park festival last year we’re converts to everything the man does, and...
Based in Minneapolis, M.anifest is an mc representing Ghana, Accra whose fame spread rapidly over the past few years through his solo releases as well as his work with Krukid and collabos with the likes of Richy Pitch. His name stands for ‘Music Always Needing Illumination For Every Soul...
If you're familiar with UK hip hop, chances are that you own some of Richy Pitch's albums and EPs. The London based dj/producer, who has been a regular on the UK scene since the mid 90s and who dropped classics like the Live at Home EP, moved to Accra...
Playing our Doin’ it in the Park jam on saturday (Amsterdam, Netherlands) and launching the video to one of his strongest hits today: Blitz the Ambassador, the Ghanaian emcee making it big in NYC and soon in the rest of the world. His latest project, directed by Terence Nance,...
If you're near Amsterdam, the Netherlands on saturday July 31st, you're in for a treat. The second edition of Doin' it in the Park, the Africanhiphop.com open-air park jam, promises to be even better than last year's edition, with an all-star line-up including Congo Groove and Blitz the Ambassador.
Mensa and Wanlov a.k.a. Fokn Bois are hip hop artists from Ghana, Accra. Wanlov also did a show for African Hip Hop Radio when he lived in the USA. Together with Mensa he is the star in an upcoming pidgin language musical ‘Coz Ov Moni’. The movie showcases their...
Mensa is an indie-soul singer, emcee and producer from Ghana, Accra by way of North London who mixes true school hip-hop and West-African home grown hiplife music. Here is his new video ‘Adjuma’ off the Mango street album due out next year.
Can’t say much about this one right here, all I know that it is something to look out for. Coming soon!!
Create your artist profile (beta)
African Hip Hop Forums
- ‘Tanzanians are supporting homegrown brands more than ever before’
- 'Arab' spring in Angola? Police respond with arrests and violence
- #GlobalCiphers: Trinity Festival 2012
- 100% African: I-20's video reppin' the motherland connection
- 23rd Anniversary of Black Noise: B-boy Battle (SA)
- 3 Colums
- 404 Page
- A fresh video for an old favorite: Mingus – Stay (produced by Hipe)
- A moment with Alesh of the DRC
- A moment with PPS the Writah from Senegal
- A new video by Blitz the Ambassador: Something to Believe
- A new Zimbabwe Legit posse cut (listen!)
- Accordion & Toggle
- Activity Stream Shortcode
- Activity Streams
- Africa is hot #2 with Oko of Project19
- Africa Is Hot marathon update: eight hours of Red Light Radio shows
- Africa is Hot, a new monthly radio show exploring musical frontiers
- Africa Is Hotter this year
- Africa Represents at seventh International Hip Hop Festival
- Africa Samples mix by Weareblind
- Africa United: The 8th International Hip Hop Festival
- Africa's Next Top Femcee
- African artists should look beyond collecting royalties – the Hip-Hoppreneur #1
- African Hip Hop Jam @ Melkweg
- African hip hop on vinyl & IBMCs: African hip hop radio June 2012
- African hip hop radio – December 2011 with Vieira
- African hip hop radio – Leap Day edition
- African hip hop radio August 2012 – Eclectic Edition
- African hip hop radio presents: Excursions on the Mbira
- African Hip Hop Radio September 2010
- African hip hop radio with Chief Boima
- African hip hop radio with Madcon
- African Hip Hop Radio: Fully Loaded with Nneka & Sugu
- African hip hop radio: the World Cup edition
- African Hip Hop Radio’s Triple Treat & launching the web stream
- African Rebel Movement
- African twerking and the Sauti za Busara festival – African hip hop radio Jan 2014
- AfricanHipHop Mixtape – The Sequel (2009)
- Africanhiphop.com presents Baloji live
- Afrikaaps: hip hopera and documentary