On 18 February, Nairobi Rapsody in partnership with Africanhiphop.com presents the world premier of Blitz the Ambassador's new album Diasporadical in Nairobi, Kenya.
Tag Archive for: Ghana
Indeed this space in recent months has become like a permanent stream of news about Blitz, a ‘blizzard’ of quality releases so to say, and we just had to support the man in his non-stop journey towards greatness. Then, in anticipation of his ‘Warm Up EP’, to drop this...
Even if it’s filled to the brim with Arab world stereotypes aside (desert, camel, mysterious transactions on a sand dune, Arab money, belly dance, a dude with a falcon), you gotta LOVE the new Sarkodie video to the single ‘Illuminati’ (the single itself was released towards the end of...
‘African in New York’ is a new song from Blitz The Ambassador forthcoming EP entitled The Warm Up. The song chronicles the colorful immigrant life in NYC from an African perspective from the Bootleggers on Canal street to the Dollar cab drivers to the Restaurants Uptown, everybody gets a...
Ghanaian emcee C-Real dropped his debut ‘Emceo’ at the end of last year (to be found in Ghana at Silverbird and East Legon Shell Station, and online via iTunes, Spotify and other outlets). One of the nice surprises on the album was ‘Opeimu’, a collabo with M.anifest over a beat...
The first single off Blitz' 'The Warm Up EP', set for release in August, 'Dikembe' came out in May and was well received around the world.
You probably know that Africanhiphop.com wholeheartedly supports pan-African collaborations. Luckily the multi national mixtapes that were born inside our forums are no longer the only works that combine emcees across the map. A recent release that illustrates it best is ‘Real African Poetry 2.0‘ by Africanhiphop.com forum veterans Fecko...
Another big tune from reggae artist Blakk Rasta (Ghana). The song has been around since July last year but the video was premiered today on tv in Ghana, and now on Youtube. With Jah Amber from Zionites crew who are based in the beach resort of Kokrobite.
One of the new artists performing at our annual Doin’ it in the Park last year was Papa Ghana. His first single was released about a year ago and finally there’s a music video. The track, produced by Johannesburg based artist Riky Rick, has been brushed up too. Papa...
Blakk Rasta, the radio personality and reggae artist from Ghana, got continent wide fame with his tribute to Obama, released during the USA presidential election campaign in 2008. In 2009 he visited the African Hip Hop Radio studio for an interview and freestyle session. And while Obama is getting...
Create your artist profile (beta)
African Hip Hop Forums
- ‘Tanzanians are supporting homegrown brands more than ever before’
- 'Arab' spring in Angola? Police respond with arrests and violence
- #GlobalCiphers: Trinity Festival 2012
- 100% African: I-20's video reppin' the motherland connection
- 23rd Anniversary of Black Noise: B-boy Battle (SA)
- 3 Colums
- 404 Page
- A fresh video for an old favorite: Mingus – Stay (produced by Hipe)
- A moment with Alesh of the DRC
- A moment with PPS the Writah from Senegal
- A new video by Blitz the Ambassador: Something to Believe
- A new Zimbabwe Legit posse cut (listen!)
- Accordion & Toggle
- Activity Stream Shortcode
- Activity Streams
- Africa is hot #2 with Oko of Project19
- Africa Is Hot marathon update: eight hours of Red Light Radio shows
- Africa is Hot, a new monthly radio show exploring musical frontiers
- Africa Is Hotter this year
- Africa Represents at seventh International Hip Hop Festival
- Africa Samples mix by Weareblind
- Africa United: The 8th International Hip Hop Festival
- Africa's Next Top Femcee
- African artists should look beyond collecting royalties – the Hip-Hoppreneur #1
- African Hip Hop Jam @ Melkweg
- African hip hop on vinyl & IBMCs: African hip hop radio June 2012
- African hip hop radio – December 2011 with Vieira
- African hip hop radio – Leap Day edition
- African hip hop radio August 2012 – Eclectic Edition
- African hip hop radio presents: Excursions on the Mbira
- African Hip Hop Radio September 2010
- African hip hop radio with Chief Boima
- African hip hop radio with Madcon
- African Hip Hop Radio: Fully Loaded with Nneka & Sugu
- African hip hop radio: the World Cup edition
- African Hip Hop Radio’s Triple Treat & launching the web stream
- African Rebel Movement
- African twerking and the Sauti za Busara festival – African hip hop radio Jan 2014
- AfricanHipHop Mixtape – The Sequel (2009)
- Africanhiphop.com presents Baloji live
- Afrikaaps: hip hopera and documentary