A look at Gabriel Teodros' latest album, Evidence Of Things Not Seen which was released in the autumn of 2014.
Tag Archive for: diaspora
On 18 February, Nairobi Rapsody in partnership with Africanhiphop.com presents the world premier of Blitz the Ambassador's new album Diasporadical in Nairobi, Kenya.
It’s the last African Hip Hop Radio show of the year already, and indeed 2013 went by without us paying attention to the fact that the show has been in existence for 15 years already...
“Home is that peace of mind, the rays of sunshine / will go to war with any anybody trying to take mine.” –StaHHr Ever-pushing boundaries within the hip hop mixtape tradition, Nomadic Wax has partnered with NYC-based storytelling project Housing is a Human Right, in the creation of an...
Say’hu is a Gambian American rapper Emerging from Charlotte, NC. He was born in Atlanta, Georgia but raised on the smiling coast of Africa. His music stresses the issues of capitalism, poverty, and war and is often loaded with witty metaphors and heart felt messages that everyone can relate to....
Words: Seth Markle Photos: Seth Markle & Mejah Mbuya The 8th annual international hip hop festival was held at Trinity College from April 4-7, 2013. It was one of the most successful festivals in the college’s 8-year run. Organized by the Trinity Chapter of Temple of Hip Hop, Nomadic...
Gabriel Teodros is a hip hop artist and a member of the groups Abyssinian Creole and CopperWire. He is of Ethiopian, Scottish, Irish & Native American descent, and was raised on Beacon Hill, Seattle, Washington. Teodros’ music is determined by a social consciousness that tackles issues such as sexism,...
Metro54 & Africanhiphop.com present Boom Africa: Baloji, Kalaf, Gery Mendes (GMB) and Okmalumkoolkat record and perform together
This month, Amsterdam’s Metro54 festival teams up with Africanhiphop.com in Boom Africa, a recording and performing project bringing together four major names from the African and diaspora hip hop and dance scenes. Baloji, Kalaf, Gery Mendes (GMB) and Okmalumkoolkat will join in Amsterdam’s Red Bull studio to compose new...
This Friday (24 August), Tolhuistuin in Amsterdam, the Netherlands (also known as the gardens where the Doin’ it in the Park events were held) hosts African Homecoming, an evening with live music, debate and a market place. Africanhiphop.com joins in as a media partner and delivering visuals. African Homecoming...
Over the last decade, the art of serious Hip Hop lyricism and skill has steadily risen around the globe. One of the places where it has flourished is Germany, particularly Berlin. In a global village where non-American emcees spit multi-syllabic entendres in several languages, Berlin has produced some of...
Create your artist profile (beta)
African Hip Hop Forums
- ‘Tanzanians are supporting homegrown brands more than ever before’
- 'Arab' spring in Angola? Police respond with arrests and violence
- #GlobalCiphers: Trinity Festival 2012
- 100% African: I-20's video reppin' the motherland connection
- 23rd Anniversary of Black Noise: B-boy Battle (SA)
- 3 Colums
- 404 Page
- A fresh video for an old favorite: Mingus – Stay (produced by Hipe)
- A moment with Alesh of the DRC
- A moment with PPS the Writah from Senegal
- A new video by Blitz the Ambassador: Something to Believe
- A new Zimbabwe Legit posse cut (listen!)
- Accordion & Toggle
- Activity Stream Shortcode
- Activity Streams
- Africa is hot #2 with Oko of Project19
- Africa Is Hot marathon update: eight hours of Red Light Radio shows
- Africa is Hot, a new monthly radio show exploring musical frontiers
- Africa Is Hotter this year
- Africa Represents at seventh International Hip Hop Festival
- Africa Samples mix by Weareblind
- Africa United: The 8th International Hip Hop Festival
- Africa's Next Top Femcee
- African artists should look beyond collecting royalties – the Hip-Hoppreneur #1
- African Hip Hop Jam @ Melkweg
- African hip hop on vinyl & IBMCs: African hip hop radio June 2012
- African hip hop radio – December 2011 with Vieira
- African hip hop radio – Leap Day edition
- African hip hop radio August 2012 – Eclectic Edition
- African hip hop radio presents: Excursions on the Mbira
- African Hip Hop Radio September 2010
- African hip hop radio with Chief Boima
- African hip hop radio with Madcon
- African Hip Hop Radio: Fully Loaded with Nneka & Sugu
- African hip hop radio: the World Cup edition
- African Hip Hop Radio’s Triple Treat & launching the web stream
- African Rebel Movement
- African twerking and the Sauti za Busara festival – African hip hop radio Jan 2014
- AfricanHipHop Mixtape – The Sequel (2009)
- Africanhiphop.com presents Baloji live
- Afrikaaps: hip hopera and documentary