In 2010, Africanhiphop.com had the please of spending a month working with the staff of Yole!Africa, a cultural center aimed at youths in Goma, eastern Congo. One of the results of workshops we led during the festival is the ‘Saisir l’avenir’ video seen above. Sadly, the future of Yole’s...
Tag Archive for: congo
Alesh is one of our favorite new names on the Congo hip hop scene. The emcee/slam artist from Kisangani (eastern Congo) released his first album ‘Mort dans l’ame’ last year. ‘Bana Kin’ was on the African hip hop radio playlist for weeks and we ran into Alesh at SKIFF...
Collabo of the year? Congolese music veteran Papa Wemba teams up with 'Nouchi' Nash from Ivory Coast in the crossover tune 'Sapologie'. The title is a reference to Papa Wemba having been at the head of the Congolese SAPE movement (Society of Elegant People). Nash, who looks like forever...
If you're near Amsterdam, the Netherlands on saturday July 31st, you're in for a treat. The second edition of Doin' it in the Park, the Africanhiphop.com open-air park jam, promises to be even better than last year's edition, with an all-star line-up including Congo Groove and Blitz the Ambassador.
We have known Pitcho, Fredy Massamba and Lexxus Legal for a while now. Living in different parts of the world, the three are now teaming up on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of DR Congo (while Fredy’s native, Congo Brazzaville, also celebrates its 50th independence day) under the...
If you happen to be in the Netherlands this coming thursday (May 13 from 8pm) you may want to join Africanhiphop.com in an evening of film & performance around the theme of La Sape (Société des ambianceurs et des personnes élégantes), the fashion movement of Congo-Brazzaville and DR Congo...
Always wondered what Konono N°1 would sound like in a hip hop setting? The likembe (thumb piano) group from Congo, who quickly made a name in the west after their music was released on cd and picked up by influential deejays like Gilles Peterson (BBC), are featured prominently in...
- ‘Tanzanians are supporting homegrown brands more than ever before’
- 'Arab' spring in Angola? Police respond with arrests and violence
- #GlobalCiphers: Trinity Festival 2012
- 100% African: I-20's video reppin' the motherland connection
- 23rd Anniversary of Black Noise: B-boy Battle (SA)
- 3 Colums
- 404 Page
- A fresh video for an old favorite: Mingus – Stay (produced by Hipe)
- A moment with Alesh of the DRC
- A moment with PPS the Writah from Senegal
- A new video by Blitz the Ambassador: Something to Believe
- A new Zimbabwe Legit posse cut (listen!)
- Accordion & Toggle
- Activity Stream Shortcode
- Activity Streams
- Africa is hot #2 with Oko of Project19
- Africa Is Hot marathon update: eight hours of Red Light Radio shows
- Africa is Hot, a new monthly radio show exploring musical frontiers
- Africa Is Hotter this year
- Africa Represents at seventh International Hip Hop Festival
- Africa Samples mix by Weareblind
- Africa United: The 8th International Hip Hop Festival
- Africa's Next Top Femcee
- African artists should look beyond collecting royalties – the Hip-Hoppreneur #1
- African Hip Hop Jam @ Melkweg
- African hip hop on vinyl & IBMCs: African hip hop radio June 2012
- African hip hop radio – December 2011 with Vieira
- African hip hop radio – Leap Day edition
- African hip hop radio August 2012 – Eclectic Edition
- African hip hop radio presents: Excursions on the Mbira
- African Hip Hop Radio September 2010
- African hip hop radio with Chief Boima
- African hip hop radio with Madcon
- African Hip Hop Radio: Fully Loaded with Nneka & Sugu
- African hip hop radio: the World Cup edition
- African Hip Hop Radio’s Triple Treat & launching the web stream
- African Rebel Movement
- African twerking and the Sauti za Busara festival – African hip hop radio Jan 2014
- AfricanHipHop Mixtape – The Sequel (2009)
- Africanhiphop.com presents Baloji live