“The SUPER MC is the one that can spit in more than two languages… American rappers can’t compete with that!” – Chuck D (Public Enemy) Get the track from the Nomadic Wax Bandcamp Page The SUPER MC series was inspired by an interview that Nomadic Wax’s creative team had...
Tag Archive for: african hip hop
At the Trinity International Hip-Hop Festival, we are lucky enough to gather top MCs from around the world. At the 8th annual, 2013 edition of the festival, we captured groups of these MCs in our ciphers. This cipher features artists from Cuba, Haiti, Senegal and USA. Host: Self Suffice...
Three years ago I got the chance to speak to Rwandan-Canadian emcee Shad at Manifesto, the interview you can view here. Since his last album (TSOL), Shad has worked on a couple of releases such as ‘melancholy and the infinite shadness‘ and ‘the spring up’ to keep his fans entertained while he works...
Hip hop artists from around the world gathered at the Trinity International Hip-Hop Festival 2012 (also see our write-up about the 2013 edition). Nomadic Wax was there to capture them in two epic ciphers. This Day #1 (Friday) cipher features artists from the DRC, Mozambique, Senegal, USA, Canada, Iraq,...
Zimbabwe emcee Outspoken just dropped a new music video for his group ‘Outspoken & The Essence.’ This track is an introduction to Outspoken & The Essence and the group’s own interpretation of hip-hop. It is a conversation starter to the double album release, which will come out on May...
Nomadic Wax put together this little mix for OkayAfrica’s ‘Africa In Your Earbuds‘ series. Mixed by Nomadic Wax’s Creative Director Magee, this is what he wrote about the project: On New Years Day 2012, Nomadic Wax celebrated its 10th anniversary, a number increasingly...
Here is a fun one for you all: a little improptu cipher featuring heads from Benin, Djibouti, Senegal, Burkina Faso, Equatorial Guinea, Rwanda, Burundi, Zambia, and Swaziland, and, since it took place in Washington DC, we of course had to bring in DC heavyweight Flex Mathews. Artists featured: Flex...
This just in from Nomadic Wax: The hip hop scene in Zimbabwe is fierce, and also heavily slept on. Overshadowed by the scenes in its neighboring countries, it is only a matter of time before movements like Magamba Network’s Shoko Festival and the Book Cafe’s regular events are going...
Create your artist profile (beta)
African Hip Hop Forums
- ‘Tanzanians are supporting homegrown brands more than ever before’
- 'Arab' spring in Angola? Police respond with arrests and violence
- #GlobalCiphers: Trinity Festival 2012
- 100% African: I-20's video reppin' the motherland connection
- 23rd Anniversary of Black Noise: B-boy Battle (SA)
- 3 Colums
- 404 Page
- A fresh video for an old favorite: Mingus – Stay (produced by Hipe)
- A moment with Alesh of the DRC
- A moment with PPS the Writah from Senegal
- A new video by Blitz the Ambassador: Something to Believe
- A new Zimbabwe Legit posse cut (listen!)
- Accordion & Toggle
- Activity Stream Shortcode
- Activity Streams
- Africa is hot #2 with Oko of Project19
- Africa Is Hot marathon update: eight hours of Red Light Radio shows
- Africa is Hot, a new monthly radio show exploring musical frontiers
- Africa Is Hotter this year
- Africa Represents at seventh International Hip Hop Festival
- Africa Samples mix by Weareblind
- Africa United: The 8th International Hip Hop Festival
- Africa's Next Top Femcee
- African artists should look beyond collecting royalties – the Hip-Hoppreneur #1
- African Hip Hop Jam @ Melkweg
- African hip hop on vinyl & IBMCs: African hip hop radio June 2012
- African hip hop radio – December 2011 with Vieira
- African hip hop radio – Leap Day edition
- African hip hop radio August 2012 – Eclectic Edition
- African hip hop radio presents: Excursions on the Mbira
- African Hip Hop Radio September 2010
- African hip hop radio with Chief Boima
- African hip hop radio with Madcon
- African Hip Hop Radio: Fully Loaded with Nneka & Sugu
- African hip hop radio: the World Cup edition
- African Hip Hop Radio’s Triple Treat & launching the web stream
- African Rebel Movement
- African twerking and the Sauti za Busara festival – African hip hop radio Jan 2014
- AfricanHipHop Mixtape – The Sequel (2009)
- Africanhiphop.com presents Baloji live
- Afrikaaps: hip hopera and documentary