August 2015 and the Africa Is Hot team is back together in the studio. Amal held down the fort since January while J4 was in Kenya. He came back with three bags full of vinyl, and in the second hour some of the highlights of the catch can be...
Archive for category: Africa Is Hot
In the May edition of Africa Is Hot, Amal is in full charge of the decks conquering time & space with a selection of off-center grooves from all over the map. In the second hour, Juma4 (aka dj Gioumanne) joins all the way from Nairobi - which is actually...
Amsterdam's one-of-a-kind radio station Red Light Radio is the home to our monthly radio show, Africa Is Hot. Hosts J4 and Amal play a diverse pick of new and vintage tunes, not informed by what everybody listens to, but stepping out of the path of predictability.
The second edition of Africa Is Hot is a journey into the full bandwidth of African music. Starting from hip hop - Fid Q's brand new tune 'Bongo hip hop' - we explore reggae, Congolese music, old school Ghanaian tunes, soukous and African house.
African Hip Hop Radio launched its non-stop web stream last month, and the radio team decided to use the monthly slot on Red Light Radio to create a new show. Africa Is Hot picks up where African hip hop radio left off, broadening horizons and playing classics, rare grooves...
- Tripps-NineFifty on trap or rap it's a choice cause hip hop is broad
- Tripps-NineFifty on Assignment on Hip Hop Culture
- Tripps-NineFifty on Download my lates hit single
- Kriskazy on UNIQUENESS OF AFRICA MUSIC
- Kriskazy on NEW AND HOT
- payce on UNIQUENESS OF AFRICA MUSIC
- Katvonte on UNIQUENESS OF AFRICA MUSIC
- msongi gulela on trap or rap it's a choice cause hip hop is broad
- lillian on What happened to DealNews.com?
- lillian on NEW AND HOT